Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day

We are still in Chesterfield, Virginia, and are having a good time. This morning we were up bright and early (6:15 a.m.) as to go over to the Keefer's to watch Jenna open her Santa Claus presents. Jenna is our Great-niece and she will turn a year old on January 14. It was fun watching her open all her presents with the help of Mommy (Dana) and Daddy (Brian). Lots of pictures were taken but I cannot post them as I forgot to bring the upload cable.

We all came back over to Betty (my sister) and Roy's (her husband) to prepare breakfast for a big crowd consisting of Betty and her family (7), Aunt Blanche and my cousin Fred from Atlanta, Aunt Lizzie Y. and Uncle Bryan (my mothers sister and brother), my cousin Mary and her husband Harry, neighbors Bridgett, Arlene and Al, my Mother and Russ and myself. Roy and Russ left Dana's at 8:30 to come and begin frying the bacon and sausage. They also made waffles, biscuits, and scrambled eggs. Both Aunt Lizzie and Aunt Blanche bought delicious
baked apples. Everything was great.

Just as soon as everyone was finished eating and all of the breakfast leftovers were put away and the roast for dinner was started then the card games began. We first played a dice game where you bought three chips for $3. In this game you rolled dice and you passed your chips either left, right or to the middle. The object of the game was to be the last one with a chip. I did not win here.

We next played 31 where you are dealt three cards and you are trying to beat at least one person. At your turn you can either pick a card or knock. If you have the lowest hand then you must pay a $1 to the banker. Again it is whomever has money left at the end of the game wins. Didn't win here either.

Just before dinner was ready eight of us went to see Dave and Lori's new house. After two years of hard dedicated work on it they were finally able to move in. This house is a work of art and all done by these two fine young people. We are all very proud of them.

Once back at Betty's we had roast beef, potatoes and carrots, string beans, homemade rolls and all kinds of pies that Betty made. Once everyone was full, it was back to the card games. Again Russ and I had no luck but it was fun. Everyone left at about 10:30 pm and those of us left were ready for a good nights sleep.

This morning Betty took off for shopping and Russ, Mama and I went for a ride to check out a couple of the Elks Lodges in this area. We enjoyed just taking some of the roads that we used to use and see how much the area has built up.

I had dinner tonight with Cindy and her family. I took each of the children an outfit and a toy, so hope that they enjoy what I got them. I also took Morgan a birthday present as her birthday is Sunday.

On my way home, I stopped and called my brother to check on he and his daughter. I just wish that I could get through to him and have him understand that we do care about him and want to help him the best that we can.

A very busy but fun past couple of days.

1 comment:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Hi, Guys! We found you following our blog, so thought we'd take a look at yours! If nothing else, we always find that somebody does something different from how we do it, and we can learn. We like the idea of your small web albums available through a link in your blog. Maybe we'll try that.

In the meantime, welcome to our blog followers! Hope you like the journey, even though this year won't be as extensive as last.