Saturday, December 20, 2008

Going to Richmond, Virginia for Christmas

After spending the past two days down in Frostproof with my mother we loaded luggage for all three of us into the car and headed to the Orlando Airport. We first made a stop at the Advance Parking Area to leave the car at a price of $7 per day which includes valet parking, covered parking and shuttle service to the airport.

We arrived at the Air Tran terminal at 11:45 am and got our boarding passes in short order. I had checked online about getting seat assignments and they wanted $6 for this service. I decided just to wait until we reached the airport and take whatever they gave us. I sure am glad that I did as as seats were immediately behind business class and there was adequate leg room for all of us.

Our flight time was 1 hour and 30 minutes with very little turbulence. The Captain, Michael Boos, and his crew were excellent and very accommodating. My brother-in-law, Roy McCarthy, picked us up at the curb and we were on our way to meet my sister, Betty, my nieces Lori and Dana and their spouses Dave and Brian and my great niece, Jenna for dinner at a new restaurant in Chester by the name of Sibley's. This is a very good Bar-B-Que restaurant. We all came away very full.

It was then on home for us all and we enjoyed watching the movie "ELF" on TV. I went out and took a few pictures of my sisters decorations on her house and found out how cold it was outside. Tonight it is suppose to get down to around 29 and then tomorrow it is suppose to be raining. I hope that it will clear off a little so that I can go Christmas shopping as we did not want to travel with anything.

Tomorrow my mother's doctor will be stopping by to give her a cortisone shot in her knee. Can you believe a doctor actually coming to the house on a Sunday. He said that the reason that he is going to do this is that he will be the only one in the office next week and it is easier to give this shot in the home. Nice guy!!!!!

I forgot to bring my cord to upload pictures so will do that when we get back to Orlando next week.

Hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

No comments: