Saturday, May 10, 2008

Time to Travel

We have been at Thousand Trails, Soledad Canyon in Acton, California for the past 10 days and have enjoyed being with friends Dale and Melody McCoy and Jim and Nancy Leivas. We had met both of these couples down in Southern California about 3 years ago.

We also had to extend our time at Soledad as Mystee became sick and we still do not know what is wrong with her but she is still with us. We continue to give her medications twice a day and she is eating just a little each day. We will just continue to monitor her and see what happens.

Both Russ and I awoke around 5:30 am on Saturday morning ready to get moving. We picked up what needed to be stowed and Russ put away the electric, water and sewer hoses. We each ate a few donuts and were on the road headed out at 6:45 am. We traveled north on Hwy 14 to Hwy 58 and continued across it to Hwy 99. We had never been that way but found the traveling to be very comfortable and an easy drive. The scenery was nice and showed many aspects of the earth.

We took a break at Burger King in Bakerfield. The parking was easier here rather than trying to get into the Flying J lot and beings we did not need fuel. We did need fuel when we got to Ripon, California so we stopped at the Flying J there. Diesel was selling for $4.399 and we had to put in 40.049 gallons. Sure wish we had a rich uncle somewhere. It was back on the road heading for Turtle Beach Fish Camp, Manteca, CA., which is just south of Stockton.

We pulled into Turtle Beach Fish Camp, a Thousand Trails property at 2:30 pm. We did very well for traveling 332 miles. When we got to the gate they told us that there were only three sites remaining open and none of them had sewer hookups. We will only be here until Tuesday so will use the dump station when we leave. The park appears to be very nice and we will explore more after we rest a bit.

We were in this area last year and since then they have put in a new shopping center and a lot more houses. We went down to the new Chili's and had dinner and returned to the RV in time to watch the NASCAR race from Darlington. It was a very good race and we just relaxed for the rest of the evening.

No comments: